While it was originally released in 1972, it very quickly disappeared and only received a CD release earlier this year. A little context is necessary: The Watersons were the first family of the ‘60sRead More »
Philosophy teacher and music enthusiast. Musical interests stretch from old school soul, post-punk and 80s Indie (reflecting my time as an 80s goth), UK folk revival, and reggae. I also love pop music.
Latest posts by James MacLaren (see all)
- 10 Albums From 1972 - October 15, 2017
- How a Lost Folk Classic Shows Stark Unsettling Beauty - October 11, 2017
- V/A – Wayfaring Strangers: Acid Nightmares (Numero 2017) - October 7, 2017
Listening to the rerelease of Parisian Françoise Hardy’s album En Anglais, without having prior knowledge of the singer, took me back to an era I never lived through. Hardy has a slow but sweet voice,Read More »
I edit Vanguard Online, make contact with PR companies and recruit new writers.
Latest posts by Vanguard Online (see all)
- Aschroft Orientated Rock - October 10, 2018
- Lauren Laverne talks to Oscar Jerome at Goldsmiths University - October 2, 2018
- Oscar Jerome and his south London posse set sail for the north - October 2, 2018